Friday, January 02, 2009

Starting out OK

Happened upon a bunch of wood last weekend. The convenience store just a few blocks south of here was tossing out the old counter top and affiliated 2x4's. 49 of them to be exact - mostly about 4' - and no 2 alike. I guess I am a gleaner and always have been. Nothing like found materials and why is that? I made 3 trips with the dolly and spent a good while pulling nails and screws out with a crow bar on a sunday morning. yee haw. I hope the convenience store is not closing. I have only been there once in the 18 mo. that we have lived here and did not buy anything - but somehow I find those places comforting? Maybe it is because of how they look at night or maybe how they would look if you painted a picture of them at night. Blurry beer neon through window in the rain and cigarettes so much a carton.
Still having slight storage issues as far as the wood but we shall work that out. Some is in the basement and some in the secret room under the front porch. The rain season is here and it is mostly making it impossible to work out side with power tools or paint. So we are inside and have got the craft room up and going finally. And will be very patient about the time line for the greenhouse. But partly this blog is to chart my progress on the greenhouse. God dang also
should mention that I hit Lowe's for a few supplies - wood screws, glue and a clamp to the tune of about $90 - So I am up to $130 total for materials and fasteners.