Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Portland Veggie Truck Chronicles - Solo Drive

Today I did the route alone - to start freeing up more time, so one of us can work on our farm projects. Neil's doing the route this Friday and we'll alternate from there.

It went smoothly. Tues is now 77 locations. Every member I came across was very friendly. Strangers and I; smile, nod, wave -
knowing how good it feels to be treated kindly in the smallest interactions. It is a long day, all those little moments help recharge my battery, I hope they make other people unexpectedly happier, too.

Between farming and doing deliveries, my upper body is trying to catch up. I need to do more push-ups, chin-ups and yoga this winter.
Sometimes I carry the basket on my head... This week they were brimming with delicious broccoli, spring onions, lettuce, spinach, beet thinnings, spring cabbage, snap peas and many with eggs and walnuts.

I did see a man on a blue scooter with a silver helmet that had a blue mohawk running down it.