Monday, July 23, 2007

Grapes engulf the north !

From the moment we landed and happily pushed our way through the blackberries and bamboo along the north side of our house while exploring, the old vine quietly sensed he had us.

Oh wow! I run into an old hard branch of, and quickly discover, the massive gnarly old grape vine right outside our bed room door. We are both mesmerized.

Right then, he knew he was right. He knew he had us. He knew it was time to slowly, but thoroughly, take over the north side of the house. From east to west and amassing over the roof towards the south.


I think his ally is this beautiful red rose that has steadily grown up out of the vast Saskatoon berry tree outside our bedroom window. The second rose has just come on. Reminding me of my Grama, who loved roses and died on Valentine's Day ten years ago. I've never lived anywhere with roses growing out my window.